Well, I have made a good start on the Sewing To Summer project. I got one afternoon of really good sewing in.
Unfinished edges; no hanging pockets; lots of unfinished button-on ornaments. Lots needed done. That one afternoon was good and I made significant progress on the Christmas countdowns. I got one of the backgrounds finished. I also got 12 more of the little button-on ornaments finished. Progress!!
That is actually all of the visible progress that was made. However, I also got a little bit of planning done. I made a trip to the fabric store because they were having an awesome sale on patterns. ($1 each up to 10!!!) I have hesitated to make the doll ball gowns that the girls have been wanting because I had not yet found a good pattern for one that I felt was complete enough to be able to do AND that they liked AND that I was willing to afford. (Sorry but I just don’t think that $16 for a few flimsy pieces of paper is worth it. Doesn’t matter how beautiful the doll dress may turn out.) So, armed with a choice of dress patterns and their fabrics, the girls sat down, oohed and aahed, and chose which pattern to use for their ball gowns. They also chose whose was going to get made first. Another big planning decision down!
Don’t forget to come back next month to see if I manage to finish the countdowns and the doll dresses. Also, please comment and tell me what projects you have in your sewing bin. I’ll be sewing and waiting to hear what you are working on. At Home.