We wanted a fun activity for this evening so we made Easter candy. It can’t get any easier than this, unless you count unwrapping something from the store!
chocolate chips and/or white chocolate chips
Easter themed sprinkles
(simple version) Melt chocolate chips; sprinkle with sprinkles; cool; eat.
(Detailed version for those who need a step by step – I am right there with you!)
- Unless you wanting an interesting look and flavor, use just one type of chips at a time. Put a good amount of chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Take out and stir. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir. Microwave for 15 seconds.
- Stir. Microwave for 10 seconds. Stir and that should be good. The chips should all be melted and you should have a smooth mixture. (We started out with frozen chocolate chips so this was how long it took for ours but yours might take more or less time, especially if your chocolate chips are at room temperature.)
- Spread out on wax paper.
- Sprinkle the Easter sprinkles (or whatever you have) on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or so to harden.
- Break into pieces and eat.
This is a quick and easy way to make something fun. If you don’t have sprinkles, now is the time to look. JoAnn’s had the Easter stuff 40% off and they still had a little bit of St. Patrick’s Day at 70% off. I am sure other places are starting to discount their Easter goods, as well.
Happy Easter!! At Home.