So many choices! What to choose?!?
Have you felt this way? I often do, especially if I dare to search a holiday on Pinterest! So, what should we do?
We will certain make something fun AND red, white, and blue. Some thoughts include popsicles, cookies or a cake, and fruit. Of course, there was a cute red and blue drink, too, that we may just have to try.
From Pinterest some of my favorites include:
- Red, white, and blue drink from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Decorated cookies to create the image of a flag from The bearfoot Baker
- Love this cake over at Pops and Podge
- There are really cute, simple star decorations found on the Family Fun site.
- I think we will have the girls paint their own T-shirts this year, without me getting in the way with plans and ideas.
- I always hit up Pinterest for ideas for crafts, as well.
- We’ll put up our wreath that we made last year and perhaps make a new one for another place in our home. You can find the tutorial for our first wreath here on the blog.
- We always seem to be able to find glow sticks in various forms so we’ll get some of those for the kids to play with after dark.
- We always do luminarias at Christmas but saw a really cute idea at Spoonful for patriotic luminarias. We already have the stuff for this so I think this will go on our list of to-dos. The only change we’ll make is that we use flameless LED tealights so there is no fire risk.
We will do some singing, of course! The girls need to sing the patriotic songs and know something about their meaning. We will do America The Beautiful, The Star Spangled Banner, This Land Is Your Land, and more. In our home, music and books go hand in hand so here are some books we’ll be using, too.
Here’s wishing you have a safe and fun celebration, no matter what you do, this July 4th. At Home.