As we move toward beginning our new curriculum, I have been looking around for ideas and printables to help us along. The major parts that I have been looking for printables and ideas to go with are Mystery of History, volume 1 and Five In A Row, Vol. 1. All the giggly girls will be doing the history and the youngest giggly girl will be working with FIAR. I am really excited about these two parts of our curriculum.
FIAR Printables and Ideas:
- One of my crewmates just put up a whole page of printables for FIAR on her blog Guiding Light Homeschool.
- Homeschool Share has lots of printables for all sorts of books and unit studies.
- The Teachers page on Scholastic.com has activities and information for all different books.
- The Five In A Row blog has free Fold&Learn printables for their subscribers.
- Of course, if you do a search on Pinterest for FIAR printables you get a lot of pins.
- A pinterest search for each of the book titles will garner you a whole new set of ideas, as well.
Mystery of History, volume 1:
- Organization for Mystery of History, in video format with printables, created by Kendra Fletcher. I am about to embark on doing all of this so we can start organized. (In two parts)
- I like the lesson planning page available for download on My Joy Filled Life. We didn’t purchase all of the supplemental pieces to go with Mystery of History so there is a lot in this post that I won’t use but I really like the lesson planning page!
- We will be creating the timelines but we purchased bound timelines for each of the girls to create her own. If you haven’t done that, this might be useful: a printable timeline from Contented At Home.
- Joy In Our Journey has flash cards for the dates that are suggested for memorization in this program that can be downloaded. (Note: There are other links on the page that do not go to free resources.)
Join us through the coming year to see what we are doing with each of these pieces of our curriculum. At Home.
Looking for additional printables? Check out the Review Crew roundup of free printables. Click below.