This summer, J got to attend “Princess Camp” at her dance studio. She had fun dressing as a different princess each day. I made her Cinderella and Belle dresses 2 and 3 years ago, respectively. So, they needed a little tweaking to still fit. I cut a triangular piece of matching material, added the Velcro in the correct places to line up with what was there, and – viola – an extender for the costume. This makes it possible for her to wear them for a while longer and yet, when she passes them down to someone else, they can take out the extender and it will fit them well.
She also dressed as Jasmine one day, which I made last Halloween. Her first costume was actually pjs that have Ariel on them.
The last one, for her performance, I whipped up from a costume leotard that my middle giggly girl designed about 4 years ago. I cut off part of it, added some details, added a skirt, and she was thrilled with her Sleeping Beauty/Aurora costume. J did all the designing for this one and I did the sewing. It was a fun collaboration and she learned a bit more about what can and cannot be done with altering already created items.
Sewing is fun for me and I am glad when the girls want something for themselves since it is mostly doll sewing these days.
I am linking up for the July Blogging Challenge with A Glimpse of Our Life and This Day Has Great Potential.
Tagged: JulyBloggingChallenge, sewing
Leave a Reply