We have a program at our church that we have been participating in for about a year now. Lads to Leaders (L2L) is a program that is designed to help guide children in growth in the Lord. It encompasses a number of activities and opportunities while encouraging participants to grow.
- Designing and putting up bulletin boards
- Leading singing for ladies’ classes and at home
- Reading scripture for ladies’ classes, children’s classes and at home
- Participating in service projects
- Learning the books of the Bible
- Memorizing scripture
- Learning how to be a homemaker
- Creating a scrapbook to document the spiritual activities of the church
- Creating a banner to share at convention
- Bible Bowl – focus on the book of Matthew
- Learning sign language and how to sign scripture and song
These are the majority of activities the girls signed up for and participated in. The convention is coming up on Easter weekend. We will be going to the convention held in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and celebrating the hard work of more than a thousand others who have spent the last year working hard to grow in the Lord.
Our family has become pretty highly invested in this program because we have seen the potential for the girls’ spiritual growth through these activities. Many of these encourage the girls to learn how to share the Good News with others and teach truth from God’s word and God’s word only.
We count L2L activities as schoolwork, which is why I am sharing it under the Middle School Monday posts.
Do your children participate in anything that helps their spiritual growth? Please share about it in the comments. I’d enjoy knowing.