Green chile cheese burgers are an important part of New Mexican fare. You can find many lists of who has the best burger. However, as with many things that are a matter of taste, the list changes based on who is creating it. If you ask around where I grew up, you will hear the name Oso Grill.
Oso Grill is, I am told, the very best place to have a fabulous green chile cheese burger. I am taking my parent’s word for this one, as it opened since I left home. (I remember this location as the place where the flowers were done for my wedding.) You can find this restaurant in Capitan, NM. Capitan is in the south-central part of New Mexico and is known as the Home of Smokey Bear.
Another place to visit is up in the northern part of New Mexico – Ojo Caliente. The name of this place is literally translated “hot eye.” Here you will find hot mineral springs and pools. The site was considered sacred by the ancient Pueblo people, though it appears that they had abandoned the area by about the 1500s. There are many myths and legends surrounding the springs and it is a place where people enjoy going to relax. There are also many hiking trails and other activities in the area.
Lori, At Home.
Each week we will be linking up with the hosts of Blogging Through the Alphabet. Please visit some of these other blogs to get things like book lists, vegan recipes, and wonderful places to visit, just to name the topics I can think of off the top of my head.
Amanda @ Hopkins Homeschool
Christine @ Life’s Special Necessities
Kimberly @ Vintage Blue Suitcase
Dawn @ Schoolin’ Swag
Wendy @ Life On Chickadee Lane
Yvonne @ The Life We Build
Jennifer @ A Peace Of Mind
Kristen @ A Mom’s Quest To Teach
Kirsten @ DoodleMom Homeschool
abcblogging image lg
You can also join us and link up your own Blogging Through The Alphabet Post!! Just be sure to follow these simple rules–
* Each post must be family friendly. If it is not, we have the right to remove it.
* When linking up to this post, you give us permission to share your post and/or a photo from your post in future posts and social media shares.
* Place the Blog Button from the site onto the post you are linking up.
* Use the hashtag #abcblogging when promoting your post. This will help us find you and help us promote you as well.
* If you have time, check out a few of the other posts and share the love.
* The most important rule is to make sure you are having fun! This is not something we want you to be stressed out over. We want to see all the fun ideas that everyone comes up with for the letters!