Late again. I don’t know how these summer weeks are flying by so fast but I look up and I have missed it again! This week, though, I think I will blame it on the UFO. 🙂
Yes, we are going to head over to eastern NM to visit Roswell. Roswell is known to any sci-fi person as the place where the UFO crashed in 1947. Well, the story goes that it actually crashed about 70 miles northwest of Roswell, which is close to Capitan, in the Capitan mountains. There is a lot of story to this and the more you read, the more you find, plausible or not. Who knows where the truth actually lies since there are more angles to the story than people to tell them.
Roswell has lots to share about the UFOs and aliens. The International UFO Museum prides itself on being the top international place for UFO research and artifacts. There is a festival held in Roswell every year. I believe that happens on a weekend around July 4th since that is the date that the UFO is believe to have crashed.
If you want to read more about the UFO crash, you can visit the History channel. The first video is kind of interesting and the second one (the one with the background of the cows) was actually the radio broadcast of the press release about the UFO. Do be careful if you have little ones around as there is one video (the one under the heading about Project Mogul) that had an intro that had a couple of images that startled me and I did not watch the whole video.
Anyhow, if you find aliens interesting or want to read more about the Roswell Incident, perhaps these will help or you can just do a Google search. That turns up quite a few options.
Lori, At Home.
Be sure to visit the linkup, though I do believe I have missed it myself. There are plenty of other posts to read for the letter U that will be interesting.
Each week we will be linking up with the hosts of Blogging Through the Alphabet. Please visit some of these other blogs to get things like book lists, vegan recipes, and wonderful places to visit, just to name the topics I can think of off the top of my head.
- Amanda @ Hopkins Homeschool
- Christine @ Life’s Special Necessities
- Kimberly @ Vintage Blue Suitcase
- Dawn @ Schoolin’ Swag
- Wendy @ Life On Chickadee Lane
- Yvonne @ The Life We Build
- Jennifer @ A Peace Of Mind
- Kristen @ A Mom’s Quest To Teach
- Kirsten @ DoodleMom Homeschool
You can also join us and link up your own Blogging Through The Alphabet Post!! Just be sure to follow these simple rules–
* Each post must be family friendly. If it is not, we have the right to remove it.
* When linking up to this post, you give us permission to share your post and/or a photo from your post in future posts and social media shares.
* Place the Blog Button from the site onto the post you are linking up.
* Use the hashtag #abcblogging when promoting your post. This will help us find you and help us promote you as well.
* If you have time, check out a few of the other posts and share the love.
* The most important rule is to make sure you are having fun! This is not something we want you to be stressed out over. We want to see all the fun ideas that everyone comes up with for the letters!