Keeping A Quiet Heart – Elisabeth Elliot
This book is split into five sections, with several short articles on that topic in each. Most of them run a page or two taking only a few minutes to read each day. These articles can help you take a few moments to spend time with God before or after your day of running around, fulfilling your commitments.
E – Mama read some of these to us as part of our family time at the beginning of last year. I really like Elisabeth Elliot and this book was also good. I like how you kind of get a peek into what her life was like. I think that she is inspiring to me, and this book helped me grow a little closer to God.
Keeper of the Lost Cities – Shannon Messenger
12-year-old Sophie is a high school senior. She is always trying to hide in the background and doesn’t have friends. Her biggest fear is that someone will find out her secret, that she has been able to read minds since she was 5. So, when a boy with teal eyes – who Sophie has never seen before – calls her by name, she is shocked. The boy, Fitz, tells Sophie that she is an elf and takes her to the Lost Cities. At first, everything seems to be amazing. But it soon turns out that Sophie has secrets that she didn’t even know about, and they are secrets that others will do anything to get their hands on.
E – I happened to come across the fourth book in this series on the new shelf at the library, and I thought that it looked interesting so I checked out the first one. I ended up loving it, along with my best friend as well. I think that my favorite thing about Keeper of the Lost Cities is how imaginative but plausible it is. I don’t have any trouble believing that this could actually be true (even though I know that it is fiction). My favorite character is a tie between Sophie, because I think that I am a lot like her, and Fitz, because he is such a good friend and he is so sweet (most of the time).
As we continue to get these written, I will get them shared. As you have noticed, keeping up with the writing schedule was a bit harder than expected with the dance schedule and course work the girls are doing. But they (Miss E in particular) are determined to keep at it. So, some may be a bit late, or a lot if you are still looking for F, but we’ll get them up sooner or later.
Lori, At Home.
Be sure to visit the other hosting bloggers who are participating in Blogging Through The Alphabet!
- Kristin @ DOODLEMOM
- Christine @ LIFE’S SPECIAL NECESSITIES
- Dawn @ SCHOOLIN’ SWAG
- Kimberly @ VINTAGE BLUE SUITCASE
- Kristen @ A MOM’S QUEST TO TEACH
* Each post must be family friendly. If it is not, we have the right to remove it.
* When linking up to this post, you give us permission to share your post and/or a photo from your post in future posts and social media shares.
* Place the Blog Button from the site onto the post you are linking up.
* Use the hashtag #abcblogging when promoting your post. This will help us find you and help us promote you as well.
* If you have time,check out a few of the other posts and share the love.
* The most important rule is to make sure you are having fun! This is not something we want you to be stressed out over. We want to see all the fun ideas that everyone comes up with for the letters!