We enjoy stir-fry dinners but don’t do them much because so many of the recipes require soy or corn in one way or another. I figured out a better way from looking at a few different recipes and came up with my own version that was loved.
1/2 onion – chopped
3 carrots – chopped into small bits
3 large chicken tenders or 2 chicken breasts – cut into small pieces
3 cups frozen broccoli
1/2 C lemon juice (I just used the bottled kind and eye balled it.)
4-6 T honey (Again, I just eye balled it and you can adjust after it is added to the stir-fry.)
2 T worchestershire sauce
1/4 C water
1 T potato starch (can use a cornstarch, instead)
- Prep the veggies and the meat. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger over the uncooked chicken after it is cut. Steam the broccoli in the microwave.
- Mix the lemon, honey, worchestershire, water and potato starch in a small bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet until hot. Add the onions and carrots. Cook on medium high heat until the carrots are beginning to get tender.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until done. Depending on the size of your pieces of meat, it should only take 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Add more coconut oil if the chicken is sticking to the skillet.
- Add the broccoli. Stir well.
- Add the lemon mixture and stir well. Heat until the mixture thickens and coats everything.
- Adjust your flavors. We added additional lemon juice and a bit of salt at this point. Add what tastes good to you.
- Serve with rice.
Lori, At Home.