Not long ago, the girls were looking for some books to share with preschool friends. They started going through the book shelves and couldn’t stop proclaiming how much they loved books. They decided they wanted to share their favorite book friends with you. So, here they are and it all started with Toad on the Road!
Picture Books: (varying lengths)
- Toad on the Road
- Little By Little
- The Little Engine That Could
- Francis books – including Bread and Jam for Francis, A Bargain for Francis, A Baby Sister for Francis, and A Birthday for Francis
- Dancing In The Wings
- When I Grow Up
- Best Loved Doll
- Lyle the Crocodile series – including Lyle, Lyle Crocodile and Lyle and the Birthday Party
- Madeline series – including Madeline, Madeline in London, and Madeline and the Bad Hat
- Eensy Weensy Spider
- Library Lion
- The Princess Collection
- The Store Book
- May I Bring A Friend
- There Was A Coyote Who Swallowed a Flea
- Chicken Sunday
- Teeny Tiny Mouse
- 5 Green and Speckled Frog
- I Love You Daddy
- Going To Sleep On The Farm
- Two Cool Coyotes
- 5 Little Penguins
- The Silly Sisters
- Naked Mole Rat
- I Love You Stinky Face
- Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle series
- All of A Kind Family series
- Great Brain series
- Little Women and following books
- Half Magic and following books
- Misty of Chincoteague and other books
- Five Little Peppers
If you need something new or a gift for a new baby, here are some great options for you. The girls adore these and highly recommend them all.
Lori, At Home.
So fun, Lori! Some of these were my faves and others were Jackson’s. What a neat reminder. 👩💻
Memory lane is a lovely place, isn’t it?
Reading was the anchor that we built our homeschooling journey around. So many great titles to choose from. All still on the shelves somewhere in our house despite the fact that all the ‘students’ have graduated.
I like that you have kept the old friends around! They are such great memories. I think our bookshelves will stay packed, even after we graduate our girls. My girls have loved having the books on my parent’s bookshelves so I know it is something we need to do, also.
recognize very few of those picture books, the older books though… most of them! I have the lad’s favourites still in the house too.
I can’t imagine getting rid of favorites! But then, the day might come.